UMP SPORTSMAN RULES
1. The rules and / Or Regulations on this paper Do Not express or imply warranty of safety from Publication of or Compliance with these rules and/or regulations.
2. These rules are intended as a guide for the conduct of the sport, and are in no way a guarantee against injury or death to participants, spectators, or others.
ALL SPORTSMAN DRIVERS MUST JOIN U.M.P.
RACECEIVERS ARE MANDATORY
The Sportsman Class is open to any rear wheel drive hardtop car or truck with minimum wheelbase of 104″. NO convertibles, station wagons, sport type cars, or four wheel drives.
A: BODY AND APPEARANCES
1. Minimum of 4″ ground clearance.
2. Aftermarket bodies may be used.
3. Aluminum bodies O.K. No open back ends. Rear panel must be solid from trunk lid down 14″. Panel must be vertical.
4. Cars must be neat in appearance and NEATLY PAINTED AND LETTERED. Wrecked cars must be repaired.
5. Area from cowl or firewall under the hood must be completely enclosed.
6. HOOD AND TRUNK LIDS MUST OPEN EASILY.
7. Rub rails made of 1″ or 1″ square tubing, cut on angles on both ends and plated. They must be bolted to roll cage and are to be tight against sheet metal.
8. Must have TOW HOOKS FRONT AND REAR!!!!
9. 8″ MAX. Spoilers. Mounted in stock location of car being used. 66″ MAX WIDTH. NO SIDE BOARDS. TOP OF SPOILER MAX. 43″ FROM GROUND. ALL CAR NUMBERS MUST BE READABLE BY SCORERS IN TOWER!!!
10. Stock appearing front bumpers, or bumper covers.
11. Bed must be covered with sheet metal or aluminum. Bed cover must not extend more than 2″ above side rails of bed. Tailgate must be in place.
12. See attached drawing.
1. Limited to one V-8, V-6, or 6 cyl. With 6″ maximum set back from front spark plug in line with the ball joint.
2. Must have cast iron block and heads.
3. One 4 barrel carburetor maximum.
4. NO FUEL INJECTION!!!!!!! EXHAUST MUST BE POINTED AWAY FROM GROUND. HORIZONTAL. PREFERABLY TO OUTSIDE OF CAR.
C: FUEL SYSTEMS:
1. Approved fuel cell MANDATORY. Must be in steel canister.
2. Fuel cell must be painted WHITE OR RED!!!!!
3. Fuel filler tube is not to protrude through body.
4. NO NITROUS OXIDE. No Exotic fuel additives. Gasoline or alcohol allowed.
5. NO ELECTRIC FUEL PUMPS
1. ALL NUMBERS MUST BE 24 in. TALL AND READABLE TO THE SCORERS IN THE TOWER. MUST HAVE NUMBERS ON ROOF FACING SCORERS TOWER.
E: REAR END:
1. No quick change. No quick change transmissions.
2. Truck rear ends and floaters are permitted.
3. All cars must have a 360-degree drive shaft loop located at the front 1/3 of drive shaft.
4. Drive shafts must be painted WHITE!!
NO ALUMINUM REAR ENDS or CENTER SECTION!!!!!
1. Racing seat belts required with quick release no older than 5 years depending on condition of straps. Crotch strap MANDATORY.
2. Fire extinguishers charged and workable within drivers reach. Min. 2.5 lb.
3. Approved flame-retardant drivers suit and approved safety helmet.
4. NO TWO WAY RADIOS. NO MIRRORS INSIDE OR OUT!!!!!!
5. Six point roll cage with three bars in driver’s door.
6. All added weight must be securely fastened and must have your number or name on it.
7. Any ballast weight must be fastened with a minimum of two ½” bolts. No stacking of weights. No clamped in weights. Maximum 50lbs per each weight. All weights must be painted white and have car number on them.
8. Safety to you and others is your responsibility, so keep it safe and make it safe.
1. Rack and pinion steering will be allowed.
2. Coil-over shocks will be allowed. Maximum one spring or shock per wheel.
3. WEIGHT JACKS O.K.
4. ALL FRAMES SUBJECT TO TRACK APPROVAL!!!!
H: TIRES & WHEELS:
1. Any 9″ maximum tread & must fit 12″ cross section gauge. Tires must be available to everyone.
2. No cutting or buffing of tires to meet these rules.
3. Steel wheels mandatory. Max. width 10″. May use bead locks.
4. MUST have Hoosier A-40 , D-40 or H-40 on right rear. 9″max. width.
1. 2500 LBS.MIN. WITH DRIVER WHEN SCALED ANYTIME.
THERE IS NO ALCOHOL ,ILLEGAL DRUGS, OR FIREARMS ALLOWED IN THE PITS OR ANY PROPERTY ASSOCIATED WITH OAKSHADE RACEWAY AT ANYTIME. ANY COMPETITOR FOUND WITH ANY TRACTION CONTROL DEVICE BY OAKSHADE RACEWAY OFFICAL WILL BE FINED (up to $500.00) and LOOSE ALL POINTS AND MONEY ,AND ALL ACCUMULATED POINTS. FINE MUST BE PAID BEFORE CAR, CAR DRIVER AND CAR OWNER IS ALLOWED TO RACE AGAIN, IN ANY EVENTS AT OAKSHADE RACEWAY .
Oakshade Raceway reserves the right to take points away for rule violations, OF driver or pit crew, or fan misconducts.And or Etc. We also may add points for running the track in and or Etc.
Any specification not covered in these rules must be approved by track officials in writing before it is O.K.
Officials shall have full authority over events at Oakshade Raceway. Track officials have the final say in determining the eligibility of all participants and cars, and trucks. Any competitor may be disqualified for rules violation, hazardous actions, or assaults or threats against any official.
Oakshade Raceway management and persons also reserve the right to refuse any truck, car, car driver, or person to race in any event, at any time, on any property associated with Oakshade Raceway. We want to keep racing as safe as possible, the final safety is up to each of you.
Any Questions call Harold at 419-509-6246, if you can not reach Harold call Terry at 419-335-2668