No expresses or implied warranty of safety shall result from publication of, or compliance with these rules. They are intended as a guide and are in no way a guarantee against injury or death to participants, spectators, or others. Management reserves the right to change them at any time.
This is a low budget claims class. This class is for ages RECOMMENDED 12, NO OLDER THAN 18 years old with no so called racing experience. Experience will be determined by Oakshade Raceway officials.
THE CLAIM RULES:
The winning car may be claimed by a competitor in the feature who finishes on the lead lap.
1) $1,000 CASH and exchange cars.
2) Only drivers racing in the Hornet class may claim a car and only one car per year.
3) Car is claimed less seat, seat belts, window net & fuel cell with electric fuel pump.
4) Claimed car must be raced the following week by the claimer.
5) Driver claiming a car must drive to the pit barn within 5 minutes after the feature. Present the money and the car must stay there. Claimed car will then be brought to pit barn. If claim accepted exchange takes place right there.
6) Claimed car has 10 minutes to make a decision on accepting or refusing.
7) If claim is refused: Driver forfeits the win & all points accumulated to date. Driver or car cannot race for 4 race nights not including any rainouts/cancelations.
8) Officials must approve all claims.
9) Officials may claim any car at any time!
RULES & REGULATIONS
1) Only front wheel drive car with a single cam 4 cylinder engine may be run. Must be completely stock as manufactured, engine, drive train, suspension and fuel system, except as noted below. NO TURBOS. NO REAR OR MID ENGINE VECHICES. Body must match engine, manufacturer i.e. Ford body, Ford engine, ect.
2) All glass, mirrors, body molding and trim must be removed. All insulation and any other combustible material must be removed. Steering and pedals must remain stock. Dash may be modified for roll cage clearance.
3) A box type 6 point roll cage of 1 ½”x .095 minimum steel tubing is required. Roll cage legs must be welded to 1/8”x 6”x6”plates. No bars through front firewall. Kicker bars may extend to rear to the fuel cell. Doors on both sides must have 3 bars. Can have plate welded to outside of bars in drivers door only .The roll cage must be a box over, behind and in front of driver. The hoop behind the driver must have a diagonal brace. Roof loop must have a center bar. Extra bracing inside the cockpit is allowed
4) Doors must be welded or chained shut. Windshield must be replaced with heavy gauge wire mesh. 3 bars of 3/8” diameter must be welded to the roll cage in front of driver.
5) Wheel centers may be reinforced. Larger wheel studs and nuts are recommended. Wheels, 13”, 14” or 15” only. Rim size may not be mixed for stagger. Maximum 7” steel wheels. Race wheel highly recommend. All wheels and tires must be same size.
6) Passenger car tires only, no low profile tires.
7) Fuel cell in steel can, or steel tank may be securely mounted in trunk. It must have a firewall between the tank and driver. Gasoline only Must meet the inspector’s approval.
8) Battery must be securely fastened down, if in cockpit it must be completely enclosed. Must
run battery master disconnect switch within reach of driver.
9) Racing seat mandatory. A quick release 5 point racing type seat belt is required, not older
than 5 years, depending on condition of straps. Seat and seat belts must mount to frame or roll
cage, and meet inspector’s approval.
10) Must wear approved helmet and fire suit.
11) Number is to be 18” tall in contrasting colors on both doors and on roof facing the
12) Must have tow hooks, front and rear.
13) Continuous developments in racing may necessitate changes that we cannot foresee at the
time the rules are written. Hence, we may update, modify, add to or delete rules.
14) All drivers must have working raceceivers.