1. One entry per wiener dog.
2. One human is required for each wiener dog entered to coax them past the finish line.
3. All humans involved must sign a consent and waiver releasing event staff, sponsors and venue from all liabilities and to use their names and likenesses in future promotional material. Once waiver is signed, you will receive a wristband. Humans must have a wristband to enter the race area. ONLY ONE HUMAN PER DOG
be permitted into the race area at a time.
4. Dogs must be kept on a leash at all times when not racing or preparing to race.
5. NO FOOD will be permitted in the racing area. This includes any kind of doggy treat. Nothing edible will be allowed. Humans may use bells, whistles, toys etc. to coax dogs to finish line.
6. Humans should secure loose items before entering the racing area such as sunglasses, cigarettes, keys, etc. Event organizers cannot be held responsible for lost or stolen or broken items.
7. Human and dog must report to designated staging area when called by public address speaker. All participants not in competition must remain outside of restricted race area until called by public address speaker.
8. Dogs will be loaded into starting gate by their human owner. Once loaded, the human must return to the finish line area
9. Humans at finish must remain entirely behind designated line past the finish line until ALL dogs have crossed the finish line.
10. Dogs will be provided with a colored doggy bandana to identify them in the race. Doggy bandana must be returned to event personnel upon exiting race area.
11. All dogs will run in at least four races. Points will be awarded based on finishing position (4 points for 1st, 3 points for 2nd, 2 points for 3rd, 1 point for 4th and 0 points for a DNS). Top 3 in points in each division will advance into their division Finals. Fourth through 7th will race a “Last Chance” race with the winner advancing into the Finals. In the event scoring ties, additional tie-breaker raced may be run before “Last Chance” race. Please do not enter if you cannot stay for the entire event. Races typically start at 11:00am with the last races starting around 1:00pm. Please see specific event details for exact times.
12. The purpose of this event is to have FUN. Judges’ decisions are final and not open to discussion. For the safety of everyone concerned, event organizers reserve the right to refuse participation to humans who cannot follow the rules.
13. All entrants must be real wieners (dachshunds) and may be required to show proof of current bordetella, distemper and rabies shots upon request.
14. Rules subject to change. Please pay attention to event personnel before and after each race.
15. Failure to follow any of these rules may result in disqualification.
16. Check in times may vary from event to event, but typically begin an hour and a half before the first scheduled race. Please check the individual event schedules to find the check-in window for your event. All dogs will be weighed at this time. Only dogs that check in will be eligible to race.
19. Minors may participate, but they must be accompanied by a parent or guardian for the check in procedure.
1. One entry per wiener dog.